Tuesday, December 28, 2010

My FIRST Green Juice

Hey everyone! How are you all?

Today while grabbing some groceries, I had my first green juice from the juice bar at our local co-op. I was really excited to try it. The mixture I picked was called "GREEN ENERGY" and was made up of cucumbers, spinach, celery, and parsley.


The lady who made it gave it to me in a little 12oz container and I drank it right up. 

I was a little taken aback by how strong the celery juice tasted. I had no idea celery could have such a distinct flavor. I could barely taste anything else! But alas, the juice was yummy once I got past such a surprise. It was very, very refreshing. Next time, I'm going to try one with beets, carrots, and ginger. 

... I want a juicer!


Check out this article for an awesome breakdown of the benefits of juicing your veggies. Fight various cancers! Increase oxygen flow in your body! Be filled with enzymes! Absorb the most nutrients! etc. etc. etc. The assumed benefits are endless. And the taste combinations endless, also. 

...I want a juicer!

Now, you CAN juice also without a juicer, just as I can. Get a straining cloth or nut milk cloth (I found one today at my local hardware store), blend up some fruits/veggies and strain. Its that simple, apparently. I'm going to try it soon and I'll let you know how it goes! :)

Here's another picture of fresh, raw juice:


Looks so good.

Ok, that's all. I was just excited to have my first raw, green juice and thought I would share!

Be on the lookout for a post about some raw chocolate/almond fudge I just made, too!


....

(nut milk bag making raw juice)


5 comments:

Carissa said...

I LOVE juicing and I especially love green juice. DO IT! Get a juicer! You'll love it! And yes, celery is always a dominant flavor. I rarely add celery any more. My fav combos are kale/apple and beet/kale/apple.

Candice said...

MM! Have you juiced with the nut milk bag/strainer bag? Or just a juicer? I can't really afford a good vegetable juicer at the moment, so i am going to have to try the bag! I've heard it works just as well...we'll see!

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss candice! well i gotta say it real pretty green but for me i dont think i could like it cause i dont much like cucumbers and celery neither. im gonna wait til you say stuff about tha chocolate almond fudge one. yep that sound lots better. :)
...hugs from lenny

Ashley Detig said...

I have hand juiced a number of things including carrots and such when I don't feel like dragging out (and eventually cleaning) my juicer and it's a bit time consuming but super easy! I love juicing as well and love how I feel after a good green juice. Enjoy it! :)

srisang said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.

Juicers

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails