Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Beating the Winter Freeze

Hello!

Long time no post, I know. And I've been saying that for the one or two times I've actually posted during this pregnancy.

Well, I'm cold. Its winter in Indiana and the past few days the windchill has been in the negatives (*F). It has been almost a year since our raw journey began, obviously with a break here and there. I remember last winter when I began attempting a raw diet that the most trying thing about raw food was being cold in the winter and trying to suck down a smoothie made with frozen bananas or eating soup that's been barely warmed in the food processor.

So, my plan is this: find raw foods that warm my body! I heard ginger does this, or cayenne, or some other spices. Do you all have any ideas for raw food that has a warming effect?

Oh, and on a side note, I was diagnosed with gallbladder problems (not sure if it is just sludge or actual stones) and put on a very strict, no-fat diet. Since then, we have been eating a lot more salads, raw fruits and veggies, and I've been considering adding smoothies back into our morning routine. I just really miss everything being in season, cheap, and locally produced! Pineapple is extremely expensive, strawberries are 6.99/pkg, etc. The co-op was even out of bananas yesterday. I bought frozen fruit, but it really doesn't hold a candle to fresh, local produce. Wah!


Anyway, let me know if you have ideas for me!

1 comment:

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss candice! im sooooo happy you got back at your blog. i been missing you for sure. i just real happy youre doing good. it real cold here to. brrrrr. i dont know so much about warm kinds of spices except hot peppers.
...big welcome back hugs from lenny

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails