Monday, February 8, 2010

How To Get Your Husband to LOVE Raw Food!

So, as I thought about what to write after why my husband dislikes our diet, I found it to be the perfect "next step" to write about why he loves it thus far. Here's a picture:



Yes, these are the most amazing, beautiful, and incredible tasting Steak and Potatoes equivalent: Marinated Portabella Mushrooms and Mashed Cauliflower.

I found the recipe for this incredible delight here: http://www.rawmazing.com/recipes/marinated-mushrooms-and-cauliflower-mash/

Theirs looks a lot prettier than mine, but the taste was DELICIOUS. Honestly, this tasted so much like steak it was unbelievable! My husband absolutely LOVED these and gave it 5 RAWS!!!!! 5!!!!! (cue Lady Gaga: raw raw raw raw raw)...Our first 5 yet!!! And he gave me a backrub because he was so very pleased with dinner! I definitely recommend this recipe to anyone, even those who aren't raw. I DID serve them warm, though, which made it perfect! We enjoyed this lovely dinner with a side salad of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, and carrots.

Another reason my husband loves to eat raw:



These little munchkins are banana coconut pancakes. 3 mashed bananas and some dried coconut mixed into little patties. I dehydrated them in my little toaster oven on "warm" with the door open about 3 inches. I did this for a couple hours and got some AMAZING treats! So so so good. They look gooey, but after dehydrating, they really aren't at all. I found the recipe somewhere on the internet (sorry!) when I was looking for breakfast ideas. Now, I personally think these are too sweet for breakfast, so we ate them as dessert with chocolate soy ice cream (not raw, but so yummy!). I could eat 100 of these in one sitting! Luckily, there were only 5 total (one is missing in this picture, isn't it??). Warm, they were incredible. Room temp they were incredible. Cold they were incredible. Definitely good for a sweet treat.

I give them 5 Raws, too!  Raw Raw Raw Raw Raw!!!! :) :) :)

OK! Go out and get your husbands/spouses/sig. others involved in a raw diet with these two INCREDIBLE recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails