Friday, March 5, 2010

I AM Smoooooothie

Well,

As it turns out, I have discovered FINALLY that I love smoothies! Now, I have yet to actually throw some veggies in....but I will try that soon enough (i.e. tomorrow!). I created (as far as I know) an ah-mazing recipe for a banana/mango smoothie. It is not totally raw, but it is totally good. Here is the very simple, 4 RAWs (raw raw raw raw) recipe:

2 Bananas
1 Mango
Half a cup of soy milk
About 1 or 2 TSP raw Honey
3 drops of vanilla extract

This is not my picture! I found it on google images! :)



And you get: AMAZING SMOOTHIE LAND HAPPY TIME!!!!!! I'd start with the banana, mango, and soy and then add the honey and vanilla to your liking. It was a GREAT post-work out "meal," keeping me energized for a few hours before eating lunch. Right now, I am having a berry smoothie. Just a bunch of berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries) and some soymilk to help it mix. Oh, I put some honey in that, too, to help it.

I have decided that, as I am a married woman not taking an oral contraceptive, I am going to prepare my body for pregnancy even though we are not planning for it. We all have heard stories about people who have become pregnant "accidentally" and, well, I'd like to be healthy and happy if that occurs. SO, I am going to begin a pre-pregnancy regimen. First, I will be working out every single day. Now, that could just mean I go for an extra two mile walk every day, but I MUST walk. This workout will also include an every-other-day ab exercise. I mean, wow, a woman needs some strong ab muscles to go through labor!!! Also, I will be trying to look into the foods that will provide some great vitamins for a pregnant body. Now, like I said, I AM NOT PREGNANT, so don't freak out. I just want to be sure my body is ready if the day comes when I am. And, when we decide to start trying, I will be ready!

:)

1 comment:

JE said...

Yummy..yummy! I'm totally going to try this one.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails