Monday, March 8, 2010

LUNCH TODAY! YUMMM!!!

Well, I am finishing lunch today and thought I'd share what I had. It was SO GOOD.


This lunch consisted of a nice plate of romaine and other lettuces, topped with organic couscous, three kinds of bell peppers and some extra red onion. I topped this all off with a nice raw, cucumber-mango salsa, which is probably one of the best tasting, not-spicey salsas ever. I really love me some spicey salsa, so this was a bit of a change. The weather is just too nice out right now to have too much spice on my plate. I wanted something a little more refreshing. Here is the recipe for cucumber-mango salsa:

Ingredients: 
* 1 Cucumber
* 1 Mango
* 2 TBSP fresh cilantro
* Half a red onion

To prepare: Throw this all in your food processor until desired consistency is reached! :) That's it! I also added a little water to mix. Not much, though, so be careful it doesn't get too runny! 

It looked like this:




I kept mine pretty chunky! :)

Finally, I topped this awesome mostly raw lunch off with a raw berry smoothie. For this, I used about two cups frozen, mixed berries, half a cup of almond milk, a handful of romaine lettuce, and a little raw honey. Mixed it up in my blender and ta-da!  A tastey, wonderful, after-lunch snack to keep me full and going until dinner! :) I do prefer fresh berries, though. This is the first time using frozen ones and you can definitely tell they've been frozen. Next time, I'll just get fresh berries! 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails