Monday, July 12, 2010

Blueberry Honey Granola

Hello all you raw-fooders and non-raw-food people who are coming to my blog!

Today I am going to tell you about one of the most life-saving, easiest raw-food recipes I've ever made. Its just granola, but its made with all raw ingredients and dehydrated (thus keeping it raw and not destroying the essential enzymes and good stuffs in the nuts and seeds). By the way, this is probably my husband's all-time favorite thing in the world. He loves it. And it makes the house smell good while its dehydrating.

So, what does it look like?

This:
Blueberries drying with other stuff. :)


So, what I do first is put a layer (about 1/4 of an inch) of honey in my dehydrator. I add a couple drops of vanilla extract and, if I am feeling like it, maybe a squirt or two of agave. Then, I add a random amount of raw (soaked, dried) almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and then a ton of raw oats. You can add whatever nuts and seeds you'd like, but this has become my favorite mixture. 

Process until the honey is all over everything, then spread out on dehydrator trays. I added some fresh blueberries on top because Andrew bought a HUGE bucket at the farmer's market. I dehydrate on 105 degrees until the granola nice and crispy. This time I added a little too much honey so it took about two days to dehydrate! My goodness! But it was SO good.




I would recommend this with almond milk for breakfast or as a quick treat to keep you full between your early green smoothie and your later lunch! 

Enjoy!




5 comments:

JE said...

Yummy!!! ;-)

~JD

Lenny Lee said...

this looks sooooo good. whats a hydrate tray? i bet we don't have that at our house but we could get one so we could make that granola stuff. watch out for black bears cause if they smell those blueberrys theyre gonna be in you kitchen for sure. ha ha.
...smiles from lenny

Candice said...

lol, Lenny. Thanks for the advice about the bears! The dehydrator is this kitchen thing I have that blows warm air on the food, so it doesn't cook it, but it takes the hydration out of it, so it gets crispy! You can also make granola in the oven if you don't mind cooking it. :)

Hugs!

evergreen said...

This looks wonderful!

Carissa said...

mMM, I am sure I would love this because it has blueberries in it!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails