Friday, June 11, 2010

Our lunches--almost every day.

Hello!

Greetings!

Cheers!

Welcome!

Etc!

So, I know I promised to blog about my raw apple pie, but I am at work and forgot to upload the pics before I left this morning. As you can guess, I will blog about it instead on Wednesday of next week. So, I would like to share with you what Andrew and I have for lunch most days. Salads. Of course, there are days (like today) where I brought a vegan veggie sandwich on flax seed bread for lunch. But, in general, Andrew and I have tons of salads. You know why? That's right--tons of vitamins and minerals and lots of much-needed nutrients.

But, what KINDS of salads do we have, you ask?


The beautiful kind.

That's right.

This salad you see here looks smaller than it was. We have gigantic salads, generally speaking. This one had romaine, organic garden lettuce (various varieties), bok choy, onions, red cabbage, tomatoes, sesame seeds, broccoli, with a side of carrot sticks. 



Then, I got bored and added raisins and sunflower seeds to it, too!

YUM!

And what, you ask, do we put on our salads?

Sometimes nothing. 

And other times....







This is my Asian Sweet and Sour Sesame dressing with red pepper flakes.

I love love love love love this dressing. I can't get enough. YUM!



So anyway, that is the scoop for now. We love loading our plates with leafy greens and hopefully are getting the vitamins we need. Next month, we will be getting health insurance and, therefore, will be heading to a physician to make sure we are getting everything we need to stay healthy. YAY!

Have a wonderful, wonderful Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails