Friday, May 7, 2010

God's Creation + Friday Update


Hello Everybody!

For a Friday update, Andrew and I are doing well on our high-raw diet. We did have a couple slip-ups this week. Wednesday, Andrew had a lunch date with the pastor at the church we have been attending and brought home veggie fajita leftovers. Now, if you noticed in one of my last posts the "I'M GOING CRAZY WANTING MEXICAN FOOD!" you can probably guess what happened. I GORGED myself on fajitas. Andrew and I both felt disgusting afterwards. Then, today, I woke up this morning and realized we literally had nothing to eat for breakfast. Knowing I won't be able to get to the grocery til later, I ended up eating something VERY bad for me (I'll let you use your imagination--I'm too embarassed to share!). Even with these two bad choices, we have pretty much been eating everything else raw. It has been INCREDIBLE!

On a totally different note-One of my favorite things about raw food is that it challenges my faith in so many ways. That sounds weird to some of my friends, but it has had a profound effect on my understanding of God and his grace and mercy! First, there's so much discipline involved in staying raw--it is a challenge! Ok, obviously, a challenge we fail at from time to time. But it really is a challenge--and I am learning so much about discipline through making healthy choices and pushing myself.

My favorite thing, though, is how beautiful raw/living food is. It is SO simple. So perfect. So nourishing. It is a tangible act of mercy on God's part. Our body is created to need food. He gave us food that tastes good and is so...simple! We love to complicate things to make them "Faster" and "Easier" when in reality the fastest and easiest foods are pure foods. I told Andrew that its like looking at a red bell pepper. It's a beautiful shape and color. It has one of the sweetest tastes-it is so good. And it is so full of vitamins! God gave us food that not only keeps us alive but also looks and tastes amazing! And through that, through that mercy and grace and the pleasure of eating what he provides, I learn about Him and his love for us. I mean, is there really anything more beautiful?

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food." (Genesis 1:29)

And out of the ground the Lord God made to spring up every tree that is pleasant to the sight and good for food. The tree of life was in the midst of the garden, and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. (Genesis 2:9)

1 comment:

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss candice. guess what i had for breakfast? yep! a pine apple banana smoothie and it was real deeeelish. my brother made up a bunch of it and every one liked it and wants more stuff like that. he said to tell you he gave it a little kick with some vanilla bean and some fresh gratered nutmeg. thanks from all of us for a neat breakfast. ...hugs from lenny

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails