Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Well, I've been seeing a lot of these "10 things about me" blog posts and decided I would try one out for myself. Here are 10 things you may or may not know about me.
1. I have and love the most beautiful family on Earth. God has shown me amazing grace by providing me with the love and support of Andrew and Titus, my in-laws, and my own mother, sister, aunt, grandmother, father, etc. and THEIR families. My nephew is the most adorable baby ever. My little brother and sister bring me a ton of joy. Titus teaches me patience and rewards me with cuddles. Andrew leads and supports me in a way that is incredibly sanctifying. They are all wonderful.
2. I'm reading a book titled, "Start your Family: Inspiration for Having Babies," to get a grasp on a Biblical perspective of babies. AND why young marrieds shouldn't be afraid of them. :)
3. I'm OBSESSED with food and nutrition. ..but I also love love love to eat things like cakes and loaded pizzas and Mexican food.
4. I crave green smoothies in the afternoons, when I used to crave coffee. Of course, I still have a little coffee in the mornings, but I have cut out a LOT of it.
5. I think Ani Difranco is a genius. . . and very very close to a Biblical understanding of the world. She speaks incredible amounts of Truths in her work--and her talent moves me. My favorite song lyrics/quotes are these:
* So they went and stuffed God down the barrel of a gun and after him they stuffed his only son. (Hello Birmingham)
* Whoever said life is suffering they must have had their fingers on the pulse of joy. Aint the power of transcendence the greatest one we can employ?
6. I yearn for the Vita-Mix, the blender of all blenders that I CANNOT afford. While I love love love my home blender that we got with wedding money, the Vita-Mix beckons to me at juice bars and blogs anywhere I go. :[ It haunts me.
7. I am currently writing free-lance articles for LiveStrong.com
8. I really enjoy my job and I love my boss!!! You can check out her blog here: Justine Dell
9. My biggest guilty pleasure is watching LOST--I love love love Sawyer and Charlie, but please do not tell me ANYTHING about the finale because I AM ONLY ON SEASON 3 RIGHT NOW! Trying to catch up!
10. I want to be a dietitian, but I can't do the required internship, so I can't be one.
Posted by Candice at 8:34 AM