Friday, May 28, 2010

"ITS HOT" Salad (Edit-its not really that hot)

So, I have three recipes, with pictures, ready to be blogged about so I had to choose between them. I decided, since it is just SO HOT here in southern Indiana, that it would be great to share something a little more.....cool. What's funny about that is that my non-raw friends often think that ALL raw food feels cold when you eat it. Not so, I say...not so! Some is warming!

But this...THIS is cooling. Well, the salad itself is. Actually, now that I think about it, the dressing has tons of ginger in it, so its probably more of a "warming" salad. Hah! Well, anyway, now that I have gone on and on about that AND discovered that my "hot" theme really doesn't play out--a cool salad with warming dressing, let me just TELL YOU about the salad.

This is my all-time favorite salad to date. Its got garden-fresh organic lettuce (romaine and some other varieties), baby spinach, red cabbage, black olives (MMMMMMMMMMM--they were left over from some black olive hummus I made from Ani Phyo's book), red onions, and cucumbers--topped with a Sweet and Spicy Sesame dressing. You'll notice on Wednesday's blog that we are these salads AGAIN with some raw soup. It was just that good.

Honestly...10 raws (this can't happen. There are only 5 raws on the scale. That's how much I LOVE this salad). MMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yum! I want one now! Look at more pictures of it:





YUMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!

Ok, I'll stop freaking out about how good this salad is...but only if you promise to one day try this baby.
YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!

ok, sorry.

...




yum!

1 comment:

JE said...

Not much of a salad girl here. But still, I love the cool pics.

~JD

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails