Monday, May 3, 2010

Asian Salad + Sweet and Spicy Sesame Dressing

Well, we are on our 3rd day of the 100% 30 day raw challenge.

Wait, let me change that.

Ok, so....... we kinda decided that 100% raw just doesn't work for us. After being very hungry our entire first day, we decided to kick it down to 90 or so % raw, because for our household, 100% just isn't practical. Ok, so ... yeah, but it was a challenge, right? That's the idea? Well, we decided the challenge for us is better put to work if we challenge ourselves to eat MOSTLY raw, something that we can actually continue doing into the future. Now, I want to do a juice feast this summer sometime-I think that would be great...5-7 days or something, but 100% raw for 30 days just doesn't do it for us.

Well, don't fret--we are still eating TONS of raw stuff and I am having SO MUCH FUN making new and exciting recipes like this one:


Candice's Asian Salad with Sweet & Spicy Sesame Dressing!!!!!!!

WOW! This salad gets 5 raws. RAW RAW RAW RAW RAW! I am totally obsessed with the dressing I made for this. But first, let me tell you that this salad is full of romaine lettuce, spinach, carrots, snow pea sprouts, and sesame seeds. 

For the dressing, I experimented with ingredients based off of a recipe I found on Raw Food Rehab . I seriously hope I can recreate it because it was incredible. The dressing had olive oil, nama shoyu, a TON of ginger and garlic, honey, sesame seeds..I think that's it. :/

Anyway, it is INCREDIBLE. The recipe has made enough dressing for 6 salads-three each for Andrew and I. And let me tell you, we are LOVIN it! Andrew wolfed it down, so that means it MUST be good! 





Now, for those of you following my blog, today is Monday which means I have to update you on my progress with the 4 week FITNESS CHALLENGE! Today marks the beginning of WEEK 2 (since I started over). This week, I lost 3lbs!!! I ran 5 of 7 days, walked my dog a bit more than I have been, and did some weights. I didn't do quite as much as I had originally planned for the week, but I think I did a pretty darned good job! Hoorah! Also, Andrew and I started the 100% raw thing, which is more like the past 3 days were 80-90% raw! :)

Ok, well, its time to get ready for finals week. Yikes! Have a great May!

1 comment:

Candice Davis said...

Congratulations on your progress! As for the 100% raw, many healthy, happy, fit people are high raw. Either way,you shouldn't have to be hungry and unhappy, white-knuckling your way through. Enjoy your high raw!

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails