Saturday, April 10, 2010

My Raw Yum-Yum Taco Salad

Hola, Amigos!

Oh man....Am I the only person who thinks "taco taco taco" when Spanish is being spoken?...."MM TACO..hola, sí, uh huh...right...TACO!"

mm...probably. Well, anyways...Mexican food is my all time favorite food EVAR. AND, I needed a quick, simple, easy, raw alternative. So, I came up with this:




Just looking at it is making my mouth water! Anyway, this here raw taco salad alternative is based with a lovely red leaf lettuce, chopped. On top, you'll find bell peppers (red, green, yellow), red onion, a medium salsa made out of tomatoes, cilantro, onion. You'll also find that I dropped a few black beans all around the salsa. Finally, I dressed mine with a TON of Local Folks Foods (based out of Sheridan, IN) hot sauce!


Now, I think this would be tastey with some extra cilantro or other assorted Mexican-y spices added to it, but I LOVE it just the way it is. I also have added some rice to this to fluff it up a bit and that was even incredible. YUM YUM YUM! I also think you could probably make this into a type of taco dip with some raw chips. If you got some raw tortillas, you could make soft tacos, too! Also, you could add some guacamole! OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!!


Look at that AWESOME Local Folks Foods habanero hot sauce! MMM

I think I am getting dehydrated drooling all over the place.



That's right folks..OH the possibilities.... *le sigh* ... ok, where's my breakfast!?


ALSO: DON'T FORGET--STARTING MONDAY IS RAW LADY'S WEEK!!! 5 POSTS WILL BE DEDICATED TO WOMEN AND THEIR HEALTH, NUTRITION, FOOD, ETC. Come back daily to check out some stuff about the ladiiieeessss!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails