Tuesday, April 6, 2010

GREEN SMOOTHIES!

Hey all!

I've done some awesome experiments into the green smoothie thing...with adding various veggies. Now, honestly, I'm so excited to share a few EASY raw, green smoothie recipes I've "cooked" up -- they are really really tasty green drinks! I have had these the past couple of days for breakfast and I have felt SO good in the morning and for the rest of the day! And, now that the sun is out, Titus (the dog) and I have been enjoying some running/jogging/walking in the sun. Today, my smoothie even gave me the energy to break a running record (this isn't a huge amount, so I'm not going to post that I ran 15 miles or something, because I didn't. Nonetheless, I broke a personal record!) Oh, summer, how I love thee!

Anyway, here are the recipes and while you're at it, Mr./Mrs./Miss Smoothie lover, go check out a previous banana/mango smoothie blog post!

This isn't the BEST quality picture, but this is the Green Berry Slimer Smoothie!


The Blonde, Chartreuse smoothie:

4 leafs romaine lettuce
A handful of baby greens
1 medium Banana
1/2 cup Mango Juice
1/2 cup Orange Juice
Pinch of Ginger

Blend romaine, baby greens, and juices together in the blender. Then, add the banana. Throw in the pinch of ginger and you're ready to go! 

The GREEN BERRY slimer smoothie:

4 leafs romaine lettuce
A handful of salad mix
1 medium Banana
1 cup juice from various berries

Blend romaine, baby greens, and berry juice together in your blender. Throw in the banana and DRINK!

4.5 raws for both! SO good, and so full of vitamins and minerals. These smoothies are FULL of Vitamins A, B6, C, K, Manganese, calcium, fiber, iron, and, of course, potassium! This means good things for your health. Now, start your day off right and try one of these smoothies. What is your favorite green smoothie recipe?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails